Our Patient Participation Group was launched in August 2012.
Meetings will be held approximately 3-4 times per year, or more often if deemed necessary. Meetings last for about an hour and refreshments are provided.
A summary of PPG discussions and agreed actions are made available on this web site.
The aims of the Patient Participation Group are as follows:
1. To encourage a positive relationship between the patients and the surgery staff, both medical and administrative.
2. To provide a channel of communication between practice staff and patients to provide better sharing of information.
3. To help our patients to take more responsibility for their health.
4. To provide practical support to the surgery.
5. To c ontribute to the continuous improvement of services determined by the needs of the community.
6. To be realistic about what we can achieve and to identify those small changes that can make a big difference.
7. To work constructively and positively to help identify solutions and to work in partnership with the practice and other local organizations.
8. To help raise funds for the purchase of extra equipment requested by the professional medical team.
9. The PPG is not however, a channel for complaints. There is a system in place for dealing with any complaints you may have. Please contact the Practice Manager for further details.